Tuesday, March 17, 2009

catch up

I feel like I need to play catch up with school right now :[ AP testing is creeping up slowly and I've never taken one O___O Also most UC results have come out. I got denied from UCSD and I guess it's not TOO surprising, but I some of the people that did get in are like "WTF?" So I'm wondering where I went wrong. I don't know what to post here right now, but I know I have to play catch up with my posts also.

nails of last week:
I actually took these pictures like three or four days after I painted my nails. They held up pretty good considering I also worked that week (thinking lots of contact with water). This is the dark blue color from the skin food nail polishes. I really like it, it dries fast and the color comes out true to the bottle with two thin coats. I put on at least four layers every time I paint nails because I do base, two colors, and a top coat. These tried a lot faster than any of the nail polishes I have tried. So I'm happy :]

----------------------------------------------
So I've tried the both the BB creams. I don't know if I should do a formal review or not, but here is my two cents:

COVERQUEEN:
I wasn't able to find a picture of it online and I don't feel like taking another pictures. It's not worth the effort. I figured that this was going to be crappier than the L'egere just by the packaging but I didn't think it would be that bad. This BB cream has a much more powdery finish. When I first put it on my face was unnaturally white, more of a gray undertone to it. I think because I'm not very very pale so this isn't very suitable for me, but maybe I'll try this again when my skin is less dry. However I had my mom try it and it didn't look to bad on her, so maybe if I was paler it would work out more? The cream did seem to oxidize to my shade after a few hours...but that's way to inconvenient to use daily.
L'EGERE:I know this is one of the most popular of the BB creams and I can see why. I like this one A LOT. The color out of the tube is a skin colored, but when spread it becomes a little lighter. A little light on my face, but then it seems to disappear after setting. The coverage I'd say is medium, it hides all my pores and most my scars. It does a pretty good job at covering most the redness, but my face is pretty bad so I'm not surprised that there's still some redness visible. It looks very natural and I'm sure if my face was clearer it would be glowy. When I touch my face with it on it feels softer and not drying like the other one. Must try, however i think it is a bit pricey via online retailers (Guess they have to make some profit, right?) because my cousin got it for about $15USD tops.

----------------------------------------------

The Japanese exchange students weren't able to come to West Covina this year because of economy and Beeken was planning on cancelling the program altogether. I'm happy because the advisor from Japan wants the program to continue, even though there's some difficulties with the economy. Also they may allow us to go this year, which makes me even happier because at first even if the program continued the trip was cancelled. Now I have a chance again and all the saving won't go to waste! I think I will finish this post off with pictures of the puppies.
There's two more but I don't feel like getting that from my camera right now. Aren't they cuties :]

3 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Awww puppies!! Sooo cute. I'm glad you like L'egere! Hehe

kawaiikao said...

yay now i can comment!! if you guys get the chance to go to japan...totally go and take advantage of it. that must of been one of the highlights of my life thus far :]

Mona said...

PUPPIES! cute cute cute!